Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can Anyone Advise Me About Picture Editing Software?

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Question

    Sorry to be "off=topic", but I need some advice:

    I need to be able to convert bitmap images, tif's, etc. to jpg's for the website.

    What image managing software do you guys recommend, and is any of it free?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Fitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Windows Paint program that comes with most all versions of Windows will allow you to open some of the file types that you listed and save the pictures in other formats. If you just click on START then PROGRAMS then ACCESSORIES you should see PAINT. Click on it to open it. Click on FILE to get to the file menu and you can click on the down arrow to the right of the Files of Type box to select the type of file you want to open. When you go to save, use the Save as Type box to save in the form that you want.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Don McR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Below is a link to an older version of LViewpro

    Lviewpro

    If all you want to do is convert file formats, resize images and crop images, I have not come across anything that is easier to use or more effective. The default conversion settings to jpgs offer the best balance of image quality vs image size that I have encountered. There is virtually no loss of image quality in a tif to jpg conversion but a 10 to 20x reduction in file size.

    There is a newer version that is more of a full featured editor, but is more complicated to use as a result. Coversely, I use Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Picture-it for photo editing (depending on the degree of editing), but this is a totally different field.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JimRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PC World thinks highly of IRFUNVIEW and its freeware for non-commercial use. See the below site for download.

    regards, Jim Roy
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,5648,00.asp

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AllanCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Arcsoft Photo Studio 2.0SE software I use.

    Came free with something or I downloaded it free can't remember.

    I know I didn't pay for it. forums

    Works fine displaying and converting to all popular formats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.